MacroCarbon is a Gran Canaria based start-up aiming to develop innovative seaweed aquafarming and process techniques for sustainable feedstocks for the chemical industry. If you are passionate about doing something to solve the climate crisis, join us to defossilize the chemical industry and reach net zero.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage the local team – We are building an innovative team in Las Palmas to develop our seaweed aquafarms. You’ll help us with daily management, including communication, team building, and administration
- Liase with the local government on permitting and regulatory issues – We need someone who can help us communicate effectively and manage the paperwork for our required permits and regulatory compliance.
- Manage relationships with local partners – We’re developing an ecosystem of local and regional research and innovation partners. You’ll help manage regular communications and be our voice with them.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience managing people. Managing technical or scientific teams, remote workers, or experience in startups is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in both Spanish and English.
- A willingness to learn and be flexible. We’re building something new, so things are going to change.
- Experience with permitting, regulatory compliance, or other government processes.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Location is Taliarte-Las Palmas Gran Canaria, Spain.
- Willingness to travel.
Why Work With Us?
We’re a fun and inclusive team spread across Europe (Spain, UK and Germany) that values diversity and collaboration. We want to make a real impact on climate change and sustainability and we provide competitive compensation, flexible work schedules, and opportunities for growth and development.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 30, 2023.