MacroCarbon is a Gran Canaria based start-up aiming to develop innovative seaweed aquafarming and process techniques for sustainable feedstocks for the chemical industry. If you are passionate about doing something to solve the climate crisis, join us to defossilize the chemical industry and reach net zero.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design our aquafarms to contain Sargassum – We want to develop a robust aquafarm that can contain Sargassum while anchored to a platform or the seabed.
- Design for manufacturing and scaleup – Once we understand the basic design, we need to be able to build a lot of aquafarms quickly.
- Model farm performance in a variety of climatic conditions – We want to understand how the farms perform in different wind and wave conditions.
What You’ll Need:
- A Masters or PhD in marine engineering or a related field
- Preferably some background with plastics manufacturing, generative design, and / or 3D printing
- Excellent communication skills in both Spanish and English.
- A willingness to learn and be flexible. We’re building something new, so things are going to change.
- Be willing to help with other projects, like setting up growing tanks.
- A willingness to be a self-starter and work independently.
- Location is Taliarte-Las Palmas Gran Canaria, Spain.
- Willingness to travel.
Why Work With Us?
We’re a fun and inclusive team spread across Europe (Spain, UK and Germany) that values diversity and collaboration. We want to make a real impact on climate change and sustainability. We provide competitive compensation, flexible work schedules, and opportunities for growth and development.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 30, 2023.