This job description outlines the key responsibilities and requirements for a Personal Assistant for MacroCarbons CEO Mar Fernández Méndez
Mar has a dual career in academia and industry and is also employed at the Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research leading a Helmholtz Young Investigator Group on carbon and nutrient cycling in the ocean in Bremerhaven Germany.
MacroCarbon is a Gran Canaria based start-up aiming to develop innovative seaweed aquafarming and process techniques for sustainable feedstocks for the chemical industry. If you are passionate about doing something to solve the climate crisis, join us to defossilize the chemical industry and reach net zero.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage Mars Agenda and schedule meetings on her behalf.
- Manage and track project milestones.
- Perform administrative tasks such as travel reimbursement, reporting of projects, budget calculations, quote request, purchase orders..
- Coordinate the publication of manuscripts in scientific journals.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience assisting people in leadership positions.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft teams, Webex, Zoom, Calendly, Notion
- Excellent communication skills in English, German and Spanish.
- A willingness to learn and be flexible. We’re building something new, so things are going to change.
- Experience (and patience) with bureaucracy.
- General scientific understanding and a certain degree of interest in contributing to developing solutions for climate change.
- Location is preferably in Bremen-Bremerhaven (Germany) but remote work is possible.
- Willingness to travel.
Why Work With Us?
We’re a fun and inclusive team spread across Europe (Spain, UK and Germany) that values diversity and collaboration. We want to make a real impact on climate change and sustainability, and we provide competitive compensation, flexible work schedules, and opportunities for growth and development.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and letter of motivation to email@example.com by 1 July 2023.